Monday, December 1, 2008

Camping at the Oregon Dunes- Sept. '08

Billys Aunt Sis and Uncle Chuck were visiting from Idaho and we met them at the coast for a weekend of camping and riding. I think there's like some 90 acres of dunes to ride on. Is alot of fun for riders that aren't afraid to ride (I am) who like to go fast and jump (not I.) The weather was great so Sis and I played games at camp and watched movies in their motorhome when the guys were hogging the quads:) You know me I'm always up for games!!
This was our lovely camp. There wasn't anyone around us all weekend. Maybe we scared them away with our child and abnoxious barking dog. Good go somewhere else you bums!



Here is a pic of Billys aunt and uncle.

Playing around in a sand bowl...



Gosh I look like such a dork when I ride! Kinda like Ms. Gulch on the Wizard of Oz. "Dun Dun nuh nuh nuh nuh nuhhh!"
Oh and did I tell you that I almost died? Billy warned me " watch out you can be going straight and all of a sudden there could be a cliff you don't see...blah blah" whatever I didn't believe him as always. So I followed Sis the whole way into the dunes, then she parked, said she was tired, so I went off by myself. I wasn't gone 1 minute and I took a hard nose dive down a cliff about 10 feet down (felt like 50). My helmet hit the bars, my knees hit the bike (good thing I didn't flip that would have been embarrassing!) I was ok, but that scared me so bad! Once Sis saw that I wasn't hurt she couldn't stop rolling laughing. After that I played follow the leader the rest of the time because it really freaked me out. Sounds fun huh? Now I'm back to being a granny rider.







Show off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Cole worked on his getting filthy dirty, walking and falling down skills.






So this little pod thingy was the best camping necessity for Cole. Just plop him in there, throw in a couple toys and graham crackers and you're good for a hour or so. Are we having fun yet? Yes, until he started throwing all of his toys out into the dirt. Not a fun game at all!



No comments: