Thursday, July 2, 2009

Salmon fishing @ the Columbia River

We went camping for the weekend in April (I know that was a longggg time ago:)) and did a little fishing with our friends Bob and Laurie. We had to wake up at 4:30 am so this is a pretty picture of us.

While I was fishing with our friends, Billy and Craig took Cole to the fish hatchery and saw a humungus sturgeon.

Cole had fun feeding the fish, but had to stop and point at the "Duh-Duh" which means airplane.

I was bummed to miss out on all the adventuring, but I was busy reeling in my first salmon! It wasn't the biggest one, and it wasn't a keeper either, but I caught it and that's all that matters. Actually this is on the second day of fishing. The first day we fished 12 hours and I didn't catch one. Billy went out on this day the picture was taken and caught his in the first 3 hours, so Captain Bob was nice enough to take me out again. I guess he was really impressed with my excitement of fishing and said that he would make it his life mission to have me catch one. Thanks Bob! What great fun I had! I need to note that we didn't get a picture of Billy with his fish but it looked a little like this one only slightly bigger:) And boy was it tasty!!




No comments: